Saturday, May 14, 2011

A New Emperor

Hello, fellow Romans, it is  a joyful day for me because Caligula is dead and Claudius is on the throne. I know what you are all thinking, how is this good for me? My mother, Agrippina the Younger, who is married to Claudius now, has been for a while trying to convince Claudius to adopt me. Just recently, I was adopted by Claudius. Because his son is younger than me, this means that I am now his heir. I fear that mother knows that I am not of age yet to be Emperor, I fear she is planning something bad and that it might have something to do with her and Claudius.

No Author. "Nero Claudius Drusus Germanicus." Roman Empire, 
    http://www.roman-empire.net/emperors/nero-index.html, 3 May 2011. 

This gives particular detail in his acts as emperor and the mid point of his life

4 comments:

  1. My son, Nero! I'm very glad to have adopted you and I accept your friend request! Don't worry about Agrippina and I we will figure it all out.. hopefully! Oh and for you, wasn't your maternal grandfather, Germanicus; a big part of the army?

    ReplyDelete
  2. And you were wondering if I wanted my younger son to become Emperor, the answer is no. I wanted you to become Emperor, thats the reason I adopted you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And on one last note.. I will never forgive you for killing my son Brittanicus!(Nor your mother and her selfishness)
    But you are still my adopted son, who I adopted to become Emperor! Therefore I will treat you well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My dear friend Nero. You taught me a lot on our tour of Rome together. Because of you I ruled 10 peaceful and prosperous years. But alas your time had come and I wanted to let you know after a hectic year in 69 A.D. I came to power with the knowledge you gave me and calmed everything down. You lived a life worth living a million times. Thank you.

    Scarre, Chris. Chronicle of the Roman Emperors. London: Thames and Hudson Ltd. 1995.


    "Vespasian." Sheraton. Roman Empire. May 10, 2011. http://www.roman-empire.net/emperors/vespasian.html

    ReplyDelete